Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Everyday Jireh

Life has been good lately. School is going well. I've been traveling to new places, meeting new people. I love my job. I can afford to eat out now and then.

And I got comfortable. I relaxed. I took for granted my need for daily communion with the Lord. I thanked Him as I remembered, gave Him the glory when He came to mind. After all, I reasoned, He knows that I love Him, that I am grateful.

Then life happened.

It has a way of doing that, especially when we get comfortable.

Now my facade of comfort is gone, and I recognize yet again my terrible need for Him.


As I find myself yet again in this place of desperate need, where all my best-laid plans have vanished into dust, I taste so clearly the unbelievable Grace that emanates from a God who waits for us, even when we forget our need for Him.

That is one of the many reasons that He is the model for all love relationships. He never forgets or forsakes us, even when we take Him for granted or squander His gifts.

My resolution? To celebrate, to love, to communicate constantly, to worship Jehovah-Jireh, the God who provides day-to-day. His everyday provision is just as worthy of praise as His deliverance in our most desperate times of physical need, for He has pledged His love to us for a lifetime. "I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime" {Isaiah 46:3}.

From this moment forward, I pledge my constant attention to the Everyday Jireh, the God who provides in the good times and bad, and never leaves my side on this journey I call "life".

After all, "His mercies are new every morning..."

No comments:

Post a Comment